[This is intended as a reply to Gianni but other posts appeared before I had finished writing]
At least the 818 upgrade would also give you the benefit of ultra-low jitter. Could it be fed to your B&Ws so you could listen to MQA from Tidal in analogue form? You also get a much better power supply.
If it were me I would:
1. listed to Tidal-decoded MQA in a non-Meridian system.
2. audition an 818v3 at home to see if you like what it can do.
3. depending on the outcome of 1 and 2 then consider SE upgrades in the longer term after listening to SE speakers at your dealer (probably more practical than a home demo). This would also allow you to hear fully decoded and ADC DAC-matched MQA and assess whether it is worth the bother.
But I would also consider another perspective. A while ago Chris Layer posted a helpful link (which sadly I cannot find) to a Hans Beekhuyzen video where he suggested that there is very little sound quality difference between MQA and listening via a high quality DAC. But again, this route also seems expensive.
Last edited by Asa Post; 2017-01-09 14:40. Reason: clarification