|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
The Faces ' A Nod's as good as a wink' in MQA Magic... Roon + Explorer2.
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4 |
Roberta Flack - Killing Me Softly in MQA 192 kHz - 24 bit via Sooloos + TIDAL
Soundserge
Antipodes CX + Roon, 818v3, DSP 7200SEs, 218, DSP3200s
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
Going into the settings I noticed the Passthrough MQA settings with a disable software decoding of MQA option. I have selected this. Will A/B later! Where do you see that? I don't see it in either Sooloos or Roon.
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297 |
Hi All,
Indeed, it looks like we have Tidal streaming MQA!
However this isn't going to work with Sooloos just yet... I'm pretty sure Sooloos will need a firmware update before it can handle MQA Tidal streams.
For 818v3, 808v6 owners you'll need to connect a PC to the USB connection and use the Tidal Webpage for now.
More updates as I find out more.
Rick What the heck. I don't have a PC, I don't use USB so I am sitting here twiddling my thumbs 'till Sooloos passes the Tidal stream to my 800v6 endpoint.
Jim Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2 D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03 Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 594 Likes: 14
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2005
Posts: 594 Likes: 14 |
Tidal PC app into Prime and thereon to Sen HD800s. Mostly good so far, except for The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi which sounds harsh. One niggle is the time the Prime takes to lock onto the fact that MQA is there to be decoded. It only happens with the first track I select and is thereafter fine. It plays for about a second or so with just the sampling rate light on, then goes silent for about half a second before coming back with the MQA light on as well.
Last edited by dBrowne; 2017-01-05 19:32.
Main System: Trinnov Altitude 32-8-16, 271, 2 x 8KXE, 1 x 8KPP, 6 x M6 Surrounds, Rel No.25, Oppo 203, Zappiti Pro 4K HDR, Roon, WiiM Mini.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 513 Likes: 1
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 513 Likes: 1 |
MQA light on on my Prime!
Fleetwood Mac, Rumors, Songbird sounds so nice!
I'm tempted to run the Prime through my 861v8. Now we really need the update
Regards, Bill
Theater: 861v8+ID41, 218, (2) DSP8KSEs, DSP7200VCSE, (2) DSP5200s, Marantz UD9004, (2) JL Audio F113s, Roon Whole House: 218s, DSP520s, DSP 320s, Roon Office: 218, DSP3200s, Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 513 Likes: 1
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 513 Likes: 1 |
Yes - Close To The Edge!!!!!
Can't wait to compare that to the new Steve Wilson mix
Regards, Bill
Theater: 861v8+ID41, 218, (2) DSP8KSEs, DSP7200VCSE, (2) DSP5200s, Marantz UD9004, (2) JL Audio F113s, Roon Whole House: 218s, DSP520s, DSP 320s, Roon Office: 218, DSP3200s, Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
Still on The Faces.......
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 615 Likes: 4 |
Hey Jim, Rick
This is working for me using MD600 passing TIDAL MQA stream to 818v3. No PC, no USB. Unless Your MC200 is somehow not capable of doing this, I'd recommend:
- making sure you find an album that's MQA. For example, searching by Album for "Killing Me Softly", the top hit from Roberta Flack is not MQA while the the second Roberta Flack hit (roughly 8th on the list of search results) is MQA - making sure your TIDAL subscription is set to HiFi - possibly removing and adding back your TIDAL account to your core using ControlMac or PC
Soundserge
Antipodes CX + Roon, 818v3, DSP 7200SEs, 218, DSP3200s
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30
Working on the ultimate question
|
|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,660 Likes: 30 |
Going into the settings I noticed the Passthrough MQA settings with a disable software decoding of MQA option. I have selected this. Will A/B later! Where do you see that? I don't see it in either Sooloos or Roon. This was in the Tidal desktop app Cheers Tom
Main: G61SL, 218, HD621, 2*7200SE, 7200HCSE, M6s, DSW, Apple TV 4K, NUC (Roon server) Secondary: Wiim Pro, 3200, Audio Core 200 F80
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 297 |
Soundserge You are correct. I selected the "Killing Me Softly" version you noted and it is showing MQA. 192. It sound excellent.
Now how do we find the other MQA titles on Tidal?
Last edited by Still-one; 2017-01-05 19:48.
Jim Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2 D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03 Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 281 Likes: 6
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 281 Likes: 6 |
Couldn't get my blue light on the Prime until I checked the passthrough box.
And what a brilliant selection...Zeppelin, Yes ('And You And I' brilliant!), Bowie, Beyonce, Floyd, Smiths, Morrison, Morrisette, Faces, Karajan, Madonna...
Best launch ever!
But yes, 861 update...
Great day!
Richard
Zone 1: 861v8+ID41, 818V3, UHD722, Shunyata Denali, Network Acoustics Tempus, DSP7200SE, DSP5200SE Zone 2: 818v3, PS Audio P5, DSP 7000, SOtM sNH-10G, Mutec Ref120, Ultra Dac, Cavalli Liquid Gold, Hifiman Susvara Zone 3: Antipodes Oladra, PS Audio P20, SOtM sNH-10G & sCLK-OCX10, Devialet Expert 1000 Pro Amplifier, Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution
|
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,179
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|