|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351 Likes: 1 |
the original Amazon Fire TV Version 1 had a SPDIF output (or maybe optical) that transcoded DD+ to plain-old DD. Those are not available for sale any more, just HDMI output these days.
I would like to stream Netflix 4K and listen to surround sound, but netflix only provides DD+ instead of DD. I'd have to spend $500 extra to be able to transcode with the Oppo 103.
It's a nice streamer but I wasn't planning on needing to spin discs at my vacation home (streaming only with Netflix and Plex). Ironically I've already bought 1 DVD, 1 Bluray and 1 Bluray Audio since I've been here.
Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600 Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
|