Apart from 30 years' experience of Meridian's pricing structure of course; that should enable a rough guess, even without knowing the model's spec. i.e. it isn't going to be £2k & is unlikely to be £20k.
My wildest (& probably unhelpful) guess would put it close to 818 territory, I can even imagine it costing more than an 818, so I'd guess at £7 - 9k.
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
I'm struggling to see how this would be more than an 818. What could this give you that the 818 doesn't? There's not going to be a pre amp stage in the new DAC, for example.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
I'm struggling to see how this would be more than an 818. What could this give you that the 818 doesn't? There's not going to be a pre amp stage in the new DAC, for example.
Good grief, I must admit I wasn't expecting that; somebody looking at the pricing of high-end audio equipment objectively.
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
Hey everyone, just a heads-up from Meridian that they are not announcing a new DAC publicly in Munich this week; however we can expect something public the week after next.
Quote
this press release mentions a " MQA demo featuring the MQA-enabled Meridian 818v6 Reference Audio Core"
Even the subconscious mind/hand of writer of PR knows what is required from M- a good upgrade