|
Working on the ultimate question
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,351 Likes: 1 |
I try to remind myself that Software can be updated quicker and easier these days (over the Internet) than the hardware release cycle. I have been listening on my Mac Pro using the RAAT protocol, and I am impressed.
I wonder if Meridian Audio would have to pay to license the RAAT protocol from Roon ?
Competition on hardware endpoints should make Meridian more responsive to requests like this, though right now I honestly think there is a lot more functionality embedded into the USB input than will ever be in the ID41 network stack ... ( DSD, extremely High Res, etc).
Primary: 818v3+ID41, M6 stereo pair, M SpeakerLink cabling, Sonos+96kHz Cullen, silver DSW HT: Marantz prepro, 271, DSP3300, 8K SE FL/FR pair, DSP M6x2, DSP320x4 (ceiling), black DSW, 520 RL/RR rear in-walls Living Room: G65, 640 L/R in-walls, UHD722, MS600 Vac. Home: G61, HD621, 4xDSP3100, DSP3100HC MDMS:NUC/ROCK+TrueNAS Core 12.0 ZFS file server
|