Originally Posted by Crion
At the moment I'm not using any fancy Roon features. I have plenty of storage left on my 1TB MC200 and it doesn't grow much since Tidal was introduced one year ago.

I mostly hit the Swim All music button and get on the sofa. I don't dabble with reading the bios. But I know that can be fun too.

This costs me only the Tidal subscription. Sooloos is already there on the MC200, needing no Linux kernel images to be put on the NAS. It just works.

But I do expect it to get an update soon to be able to get current hires media played >96KHz.

I understand that the Roon users would like us Sooloos to jump ship and abandon Sooloos to get even more thrust to the Roon Empire. But it's not that easy. Sometimes when things works and requires little effort then there is no reason to jump ship to a more costly model.

Nicely stated.


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects