Yes, you may be into something there... new generation, new times.
I read that there are more artists making money on music now then before. Its just that now there are more people sharing the same cake, and income will be more evenly split. But i wonder what the average lifetime of artist is today vs 10 years ago.

Music seem to be something you consume and throw away when you're tired of the playlist of the week. My brother for instance (a lot younger than me) he only listen to music via Spotify playlists and does not even know what he is listing to. I sometimes ask him what music do you like? He reply that he dont know. He is not attached to the music, but still he have a huge stereo system in his room.

There are still a lot of good producers, especially in the electronica domain. But rock and other modern productions just dont have the same soul as the good old stuff. It is probably designed to be getting to the top of the playlist quickly. I remember back in the days i had to listen to an album several times before i liked it, but then it stayed with my for a lifetime. Or maybe I'm just getting old and belive everything was better before laugh

Last edited by ThomasSA; 2016-04-12 10:10.

861v6, 800v3, HD621, DSP6000, DSP5500.2HC, DSP5500, DSP3100 all 24/96, C15, AC12.