I agree.

Tidal bashing is not smart and on fora out there it seems a hip thing to complain but not to recognise the streaming quality.

The music featured on the Tidal start screen is not to everyones taste but IMO that kind of artists need to be there to attract the younger audience. I can only speak for myself but I can find most of the music I like very easily, either via the App or via Tidal search, and to add to my Sooloos.

Tidal is owned by the investor, neither here or there if it is on top of his/their priorities, it is Tidal the company who gives the service reliably, up to date, at high streaming quality, global avaialable, well integrated, affordable and I believe awarding the artists better than the others. Kudos to Mr. Pål Bråtelund and the whole team around him.

Cheers!


Living room: Ansuz Mainz8 C2, Uptone Ethernet Regen, Grimm MU1, Audionote (UK) DAC 5 Special, TT2, M2RIAA, Audionote (UK) OTO Line SE Signature, Fleetwood Deville SQ
sold (Q1-2024): 818v3, DSP7200SE
Office: MS200, audio engine A2+
Spare: STAX SRM-323II, SR303, MC200 (Roon ROCK’ed),
Roon: life time subscription