Evening all, I said I would give feedback on the Amy Duncan MQA album - sorry it's a bit delayed.

At present the only way we can listen to this album in MQA is using an upgraded Explorer 2. We have Parrot Zik 2 headphones, some high end Sennheisers buds , some mid range Sennheiser buds and finally Bayer Tecknik Pro over ear phone.

Yes it's a nice album... our cross check is an Explorer 1 using the same MQA file and using these various headphones. One has to try very hard to hear a significant difference. Yes there is something extra there, but it's a slight nuance, It's certainly not mind-blowing, as I recalled from MQA demo at Meridian Oxford.

I suspect my son's 25 year old ears can hear discern a lot more than mine... ( nearly 70), but even he was saying yes it sounds pretty good but the Explorer 2 was always slightly better than 1, even before the MQA upgrade.

We have some 52KSE's purchased specifically one year ago to enjoy the MQA experience, we heard at Oxford. My memory of that demo was really about the remarkable detailed soundstage - which is rather different to listening on headphones.

I am not sure when or how I am going to be able to use my 52K SE's with MQA , but I am betting it's going to mean another heavy entry ticket. Truly hope I am wrong.

PS noting Bob's point about lights on the Explorer 2 - we only have the 3 white lights - no blue light, but the Diagnostic confirms MQA upgrade.....

Thanks
Best regards Huw

Last edited by Huw; 2016-03-14 18:14. Reason: PS addition

#1 52KSE 218 LG OLED Sony BRay, Sonos Beam 2
#2 52KSE 218 Pana LED Zenith 2 Naim Muso2
#3 Teac X1 CD, G68, 562v3 518 568 556 G98DH 5K,5KHC 24/96,MS600,Systemdek I920, Ortofon M520, Synthèse Floating 2 Thorens TD160 Ortofon M15e Pioneer DAT Panny Plasma,Humax,BRay.
#4 Panasonic 4K LED Sonos Beam 2
#5 F80 MS200 iDock Sonos Move
#6 MS200 5K 24/96