Originally Posted by Jimbo
Originally Posted by EllisDJ
A crisper clearer image from a PJ is never a bad thing and for those with 4k PJ's and no HDR compatibility then it's not the end of the world to go in early.

The Panny UHD Bluray Player supposedly has
High Quality Sound

●TWIN HDMI PURE AV (Twin Isolated Output)
●7.1ch Analog Audio Output
●High-quality Audio Parts (Power Supply, Audio Circuit, Digital Circuit)
●High Clarity Sound Premium
●HDMI Low Clock Jitter Process
●Digital Tube Sound with Up-sampling
●High-resolution Audio Playback (DSD (2.8MHz/5.6MHz), ALAC, FLAC, WAV)
●192kHz/32bit DAC x 5
●192kHz/96kHz Surround Re-master

Does that mean a Torrodial based Power Supply - one can hope so
Regarding the sound, i would rather take advantage of the superior digital audio processing of the Meridian 861 by routing the standard DTS HD MA/Dolby True HD (converted by the player to PCM) output from the 4K Bluray player into the HD621/861.
It will be better quality overall than the analogue output from the Panny UHD.

Also DSD is a gimmick. Studios record in 24/192 PCM. You cant mix in DSD. 16/44 or 16/96 gives all the resolution and dynamic range we can hear or feel.

Redbook CD quality 16/44 still has not been perfected. It is the quality of the master recording which matters, and not the bit rate or sampling rate.
Meridian MQA will hopefully wipe out the craving for ridiculous high data rate resolutions such as 24/192 or 24/384 etc. The DSD data rates are crazy.
Sorry this is missing what I meant - that is all I would use the player for - however I wished I had bought an Audiocom upgraded Oppo over my Marantz.
I feel the benefits of good power supply, good clocks and rfi attention is just as important for digital as analgoue.
So if the Panny does have a torodial - proper power supply for sound quality it might be a keeper for those without HDR based PJ's

Other than that I would want all to go via the M kit for 100% sure smile lets hope the HD621 replacement has a torodial supply also smile


861v4 LPSU, HD621, Bryston 9BSST
KEF Reference 3 and 2c, 2 X SVS SB13 ULTRA
Audio PC: JPLay, LPSU, JCAT, PPA Studio
Cables XLO Limited, Unlimited Edition and Signature
Sony VW500 Isotek Titan, DIY Mains and Clean Signal Earth Solution