logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013
Likes: 1
I'd always assumed so.

If one had a 5.x system I'd not have suggested the 568.1. Having listened to Trifield on a 5.1 system I'd suggest the rears are not adding a lot.


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 485
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 485

Having played with 5000HC/5200HC/5500HC on legacy mains (7000/8000).. I would opt for 5500HC otherwise use phantom center.

IMHO based on my experience of course..

regards,
Kishore

Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
MI' Offline
Knows where his towel is
Knows where his towel is
Offline
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,868
Likes: 13
Originally Posted by bxd
I agree with MI' about the use of the full surround set for Trifield, but I presume that where the processor is set up for only 3 speakers (LCR), then it will adjust the sound field to compensate for the lack of rears.
How the sound field is adjusted I have no idea.

However no "sound" is thrown away is the important point.

With Trifield and rears for music, the amount fed to rears varies.

Regards I


Under review
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
4 members (RPellegrini, JCD, swpnt, Gemeni), 304 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,198
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.066s Queries: 21 (0.015s) Memory: 0.8354 MB (Peak: 2.2172 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-11 20:37:05 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS