At last.

I have now successfully been able to play the MQA file and the MQA light was "on" on my Prime Headphone amp.

No discussion about that MQA sounded better than the 96/24 version. But it was not like i was falling out of my chair better.

The sound was a bit smoother but that was about it.

Prime Headphone amp, AQ Coffe USB cable, AQ JItterbug, Sennheiser HD 800, Jriver media player with WASAPI

Music: Tartini Secondo Natura in MQA and 96/24 for comparsion.

I dont feel any urge to replace all my 16/44 and 96/24 with MQA.

It sounded better but as i wrote before i was not hugely impressed by improvement brought compared to the 96/24. I got the feeling that it was about the same improvement one could get from going from 16/44 to 96/24.

Maybe some other music will reveal bigger differences.

Cheers


Main: MC200, MS600, DSP5200, DSW, G61R, DSP5200HC, Genelec Two (as rear speakers), Marantz BD8002, G08, 2x TwinStores (1TB each), iPad1, iPad AIR, Isotek Multiway 6
Control:PC on Windows 8, Mac on OS 10.6.8
Computer: Genelec 6010A, IXOS 3,5mm to RCA, AQ Coffee USB Cable, Explorer
Kitchen: Tivoli Audio Model 1