True to their word, Meridian sent me a new Explorer2 DAC which arrived this morning.
I use Pure Music on my MacBook and could get no blue light. I checked that the 1717 firmware was already loaded as promised and it was.

After a lot of seeking in Pure Music and its manual, hidden under an inappropriate menu called Music Streaming, I found the command to switch off upsampling. The shortcut of Command Shift U, I have memorised!!! Still no blue light... hit play... Blue Light!!

I am now listening to 2L files in full at CD resolution with STAX 009s until I am feeling nice and relaxed and ready to post on the impressions thread!


MC 200 Simaudio MOON P8W7 MOON 750D DAC Explorer2 MQA DAC Linn LP12 Transfiguration Proteus Magnum Dynalab FM tuner MacBook Pro, Sonore Ultra Rendu >Audirvana streaming Qobuz and Tidal Martin Logan Spire electrostatics Stax 009 headphones Velodyne DD12+ subwoofer