Originally Posted by AndersVinberg
Ludwig -- I now have the 818 update file but have trouble installing it. The Flash Uploader doesn't see the 818. I have made sure the USB cable is plugged into the maintenance port, disconnected everything else from the 818 (except the DSP8ks), power-cycled everything. No luck. Windows 10 hypothesizes that the 818 has an old USB adapter that can't handle USB 3, which would be strange because the music input is over USB3, from the NUC. In fact the NUC has only USB 3 -- I'll try tonight with an older machine.

Does anybody know anything about this?

Strange, I did update the 818 six months ago, don't remember any problems...

IIRC, I wasn't aware the 818 (also 808) was updatable via the maintenance USB port. I thought it had to be through the RS232 port using a USB to serial adaptor for those computers without a serial port (as mentioned after your post).

Please correct me if I am mistaken.

Wayne smile


System 1: 861v6+ID40, UHD722, DSP640x2, DSP520C, DSP320x2, DSWx2, Sony XBR-100Z9D, Oppo UDP-203, Kaleidescape, AppleTV 4K
System 2: 808.3 upgraded to 808v6, MC200, HD621, DSP8000.2 with SE Upgrade
System 3: F80
Currently unused: DSP3200x4, DSP33x2, DSP33C, D1500, DSP420x2, G68ADV, G98DH, HD421