I've now hooked up my Explorer2 both to my Desktop PC & my Surface 3 Pro, both through Roon, and I can flick between the (Kate Busby) MQA files (green light) & the (2L download sampler) MQA Studio files (blue light) at will. So, in theory, it's all working.

This is necessarily playing through my earphones - Etymotic ER-4P's - and although it's difficult to assess, I've the feeling that the soundstage / atmosphere is "larger" and there's more "realism" to certain things.... Hard to describe, but piano chords seem weightier (but not bloated), guitar seems "cleaner".

More listening required, and yes, more material now needed to listen to !

However, and it's all too easy to forget, I've the feeling that Meridian / MQA are really on to something here - so well done to them - and they'll get my full praise when I can enjoy MQA through my 861v8 / 9 !


Trinnov Altitude CI-12; Meridian 861v8 + ID41 + UHD722v2 + 271, 2*SE-update DSP8.2Ks, SE-update DSP7200HC, 4*DSP3200, 4*DSP33, 218, 251
JVC DLA-NZ8; Panasonic TX-P60ZT60E; Lumagen Radiance Pro 5348
Roon [13i7 Win.11 NUC]; SKY Q; Oppo UDP-203EU; AppleTV / Fire Cube / Roku / NVidia