I contacted Meridian first thing this morning.

I had received the same message as Soundserge on running the uploader Scan, to the effect ..

Quote
Found an Explorer2 DAC Number XXXXXXXX
An error has been detected.
Please contact Meridian Audio Support quoting the number above.
They contacted me back to offer me a new Explorer 2 DAC replacement. They had identified an issue with a tiny number of these DACs, 5 or so worldwide. The problem seems to be with consecutive numbers of one of the components. They felt the best solution was immediate replacement and as a matter of trust and good service are sending me a brand new Explorer2 with the firmware already loaded, hopefully by tomorrow.

Under the circumstances excellent resolution of the problem with very courteous service from Russell and Des, and the company trusting me to return my original unit.

I told them I had to resort to guitar playing to resolve my frustration, to which Des quipped. "It was our cunning plan to get your creative juices flowing." I replied good naturedly, "You B– - - - -ds!" At which he laughed!

So I hope it will arrive tomorrow.

All this said, I actually marvel at the quality of Redbook through my system!!


MC 200 Simaudio MOON P8W7 MOON 750D DAC Explorer2 MQA DAC Linn LP12 Transfiguration Proteus Magnum Dynalab FM tuner MacBook Pro, Sonore Ultra Rendu >Audirvana streaming Qobuz and Tidal Martin Logan Spire electrostatics Stax 009 headphones Velodyne DD12+ subwoofer