Originally Posted by Asa Post
Originally Posted by bxd
Meridian don't .... as well.
You are right. Meridian always used to be part of the main show but then switched to offering their demonstrations at nearby Sevenoaks, presumably to save money (the number of brands present has fluctuated over the last few years). They sometimes had a small stall selling F80s etc. in the main show and last year they had a small MQA demonstration via headphones and sponsored by What Hi-Fi. Their main MQA demonstration was at Sevenoaks.

I expect and hope that there will be another, perhaps larger, MQA event at the main show this year and that Meridian will do something special at Sevenoaks. But this is all optimistic speculation on my part.

I've attended three of the last four Bristol HiFi shows, and the concurrent Meridian demonstration at nearby Sevenoaks Bristol. The Bristol HiFi show is without doubt the most inhospitable environment for high quality music reproduction I have encountered; due to the number of competing companies turning up the volume of their systems to be heard above the melee.

What Meridian offer is something completely different and highly hospitable. Sevenoaks set up all their listening rooms with a range of Meridian systems from the Explorer to 8K in quiet, comfortable, uncrowded, home like environments, with attentive and supportive Meridian and Sevenoaks staff to hand. This happens over 2-3 days so you can pick a time to turn up and listen at your convenience.

I cannot speak highly enough of the service on offer and how over time it has led me to buy more and more Meridian gear. What a shame it appears to not be on offer this year. I'd go to hear MQA.

Mat


Sitting Room: 7200SE, 218
Kitchen-Dining: M6, 210
Roon-Tidal MQA, HiRes HDD