Not just daft, when I reread some of M's recent literature (take the
Prime and
808v6 as two examples) it's easy to argue that these items were missold as to their capabilities with respect to MQA.
Given their price it's no wonder some folks are feeling peeved, particularly around the lack of communication.
This is the key point. Meridian have made many promises but have failed to deliver. It does not matter who is to blame, they need to give us clarification as to where we stand and when they expect matters to be resolved.
I ordered an upgrade to my 808 that was promised last February. It became available in November when there were no MQA files to test it with. On 23 December we found out that new software is needed to play decoded MQA. We now have MQA files but no software. I have delayed my upgrade until I can test it playing MQA files.
Please talk to us Meridian: we are your most loyal customers!