Strikes me more like damage control, likely from both parties. It would be nice for MQA to have sorted this out early in development; as the confusion suggests that their lack of disclosure/interaction isn't just with the end user. Imagine what CES for MQA would have been like, without the Auralic Aries announcement? It was the "it" item, which now turns out to be in question! Minutes after the end of CES.

All I want is an MQA DAC endpoint that is capable of accessing Sooloos/Roon. Which you wouldn't think is that hard. I appreciate the 818v3. But for the current location, it would be pretty massive overkill. Given that Roon and MQA are from the same bloodline, that wouldn't be that difficult. I doubt I am alone in these desires.


Primary: MD600, MS200 (SpeakerLink to AES), Trinnov ST-2, Ayre V6-xe, Salk SS8 3x LRC.
Secondary: MC600 (whole house).
Zone one: 568.2, G57, MS200, Spatial Hologram M2SE.
Zone 2-6 (Awaiting assignment).