|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
So does this mean that the 818v3 is the best you can get post MQA decoding for a digital output? Are they applying the MHR rule to everything?
The digital output on the Aries is 192kHz, a step up from the 818v3 96kHz. If I put 192kHz into the 818v3 (which is quite easy), the speakers show 192kHz. I asked someone in R&D how this was possible, and was told "we send it over MHR". I suspect it's doing something quite clever and possibly even MQA-like to do this. And of course, this is a closed system. (Which is fine by me!)
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|