I don't want to over-generalize, but many (maybe even most) of the audiophiles I've had lengthy interaction with are very much focused on the equipment, with the music being secondary. No problem with that. Everyone has their own interests/hobbies/priorities.
MQA (and some of the mystery around MQA) threatens the currency/relative capability of their cherished systems that have been pain-stakingly assembled and paid for.
I think it's natural for some of these folks to feel subconsciously threatened by something as radically disruptive as MQA. MQA Ltd. may want to do some outbound communication specifically to address this kind of reaction to let people know that their systems will not require major upheaval to get some portion of the benefits.
P.S. I was lucky enough to have heard an MQA demo, and am all-in. Jaw-dropping, gut punching amazing!
Living room: 818v3, Parasound A23+, Maggie 1.6 A/V room: 861v8, DSP7200SE L/R/C, 4x DSP320 surrounds, ID41 + Roon, UHD722, Prime+PS
|