|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Sep 2009
Posts: 5,358 Likes: 2 |
Given that the Auralic Aries is a digital output only device this seems to imply that MQA will be output from the Aries in a decrpyted digital form playable on any high res DAC. I had understood that MQA would never be made available in this form. I don't remember the specifics, but I agree that it seems a bit unexpected, if not unwelcome. The interface with Roon is also very interesting - I'm not sure I understand how this will work with MQA. That bit's simple. Any music player which is bit-perfect will pass MQA to a decoder quite happily.
Ex-moderator Sitting room: dCS Network Bridge, 818v3, HD621, 8kSE Library: dCS Rossini Apex DAC/Clock, Clearaudio Performance Wood, Audio Research PH2, Mjölnir KGST, Mjölnir PureBipolar SWMBO Room: 210, D33 Kitchen: RPi/RoonBridge, Genelec 6010 actives Desk: Merging Anubis Server: Roon/ROCK/NUC Headphones: Stax SR-X9000, Stax SR-007, Stax SR-404LE, Audeze LCD-X...
Oldest audio file: 1889 Edison cylinder
|