At the beginning of the year I went along to a demo of MQA at Seven Integration in Surrey and spent an hour listening to various tracks in MQA. The one track I managed to A/B was Take Five by Dave Brubeck, the MQA version of which was astonishing and the CD of which was fantastic but just lacked the extra info that made me feel the group was in the room with me.
This however was in a room that was well treated and on a system that had all of Meridians latest tech being used so whilst I think it would sound good on legacy kit I think the differences between the MQA version and the original will be less pronounced.
I'm going to have to make do with my Explorer 2 and my Grado's until I can convince my wife that a pair of SE's are needed.
T
Lounge: DSP33's, MS200, QNAP (Storage and Core), G68D, HD421 Family Room: DSP5000 Kitchen: F80 Portable: Explorer2
|