iMac holding music library in Apple Lossless, with Roon > 2m CAT7 cable to Apple time capsule (broadcasting 2.4 and 5.0 wifi networks) > 10m CAT7 cable to ID40. (I previously had the time capsule connected to a Netgear Gigabit switch, then out to the ID40 and CAT5 UTP cabling was used throughout)
I'm inclined to try a GISO beside the ID40, but am I missing a trick (or several tricks!) in the layout of the rest of the kit?
George
I trust your comments on on SQ. Can I ask if you heard a difference in going Netgear Gigabit switch to Apple Time Capsule? If anything, it may have been a retrograde step.
I don't know what switch you had, but if it was one of the Netgear units that have the metal earthing lug on the back, did you ground the switch?
Personally, I would try connecting iMac direct into ID40 and using iMac (does it have) wireless to Time Capsule. If iMac has a GB connection, you would probably get away with a standard network patch cable otherwise you would need to use a non standard crossover cable. You would then need to set up a static IP connection on both iMac Ethernet and ID40, on a different subnet to wireless and with no gateway configured. So iMac would use wireless for internet and time capsule and dedicated ethernet for audio.