logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Not seen this one before!
Message on my Control:PC when I click on the Export tab:
Quote
Export features are not available because Sooloos helper processes are not running or are unable to connect to the system core
Everything else is working playing tracks, Importing tracks etc.

Also now getting a
Originally Posted by Windows 7 Message
Sooloos Helper has stopped working

Can anybody help please? Is it something I need to re-install?

Russell P


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi,

If not done already, reboot your PC.
If that does not help, uninstall Control:PC, reboot and then reinstall it.

That should make sure it is installed corrected, if you get any messages from your firewall about allowing connections during or after the install you should allow the connections.

Regards,
Carl


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hi Carl

Thanks for that. Has at least solved the problem of getting Sooloos helper to work OK, but have encountered another problem.

Having not done any exporting before (that I can remember) I don't appear to be able to identify what stuff I want to export?

I've set up an Native Format folder on my desktop as the repository for my exports but I cannot see how to identify what tracks / albums I want to export? I tried ticking the 'Export all Sooloos tracks to this repository' and of course it started to do that which is not what I want to do!

I've managed to stop that now but when I look at the Control:PC guide, it says there should be an 'Open Sooloos Volume' button I simply click on, select the tracks I want to copy from the S: drive and then just move them over to the repository folder.

The problem is I cannot see the aforementioned button anywhere!

I've visited the 'Export Format' in the setting page which currently has the first option ticked i.e. NONE (Do not transcode audio for export). All my files are stored as FLAC and I have chosen 'Native Export' so I guess this setting is correct?

I'm obviously wary of doing anything different as the warning attached to changing this i.e. 'Any change to these settings will cause audio in export format to be created for your entire library, which may take hours or days to complete'!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only button I can see on the export page is 'Scan for problems'

Again, your help on this would be most welcome.

Regards

Russell





iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
Hi,

I think you have a version old version of the Sooloos guide as it reference the S: drive.

To select the albums to be exported.

In Control:PC go to the album as you would do when you wish to play it, then display the album details on that popup window there is an export tab.

In that tab, select the export destination and then then click the mark all tracks box.

Jobs done (for that album).

On the Control:15 (and I assume Touch:PC) it is possible to bulk select and export ... but I don't think you can with Control:PC (and I can't check from here).

Alternatively you export by tag on Control:PC.
So you would first tag all the albums you wish to export.
The create a new native export folder named say "tag123".
The select the option to export all "tag123" albums.

Regards,
Carl

PS Have a read of the "Advanced Sooloos User Guide"


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hi

Have tried the first option which appears to be the most simple but nothing gets exported to the destination folder. Have waited for about 10 mins whilst the 'Exporting files to destination' message appears in the Albums Export tab but when I look in the destination folder nothing has been exported? I also looked in the setting export tab to see what was queued for transfer but again nothing was there?

So I have just changed the destination folder in the Settings Export tab to something different and noticed a red message appear very very briefly on screen saying something like 'Export destination failure'?

I guess this may have something to do with it?

Russell P



iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
I suspect it still trying to perform the Export ALL in the background and is now confused.

I recommend deleting all the export folders in Control:PC and on the PC's disk then reboot and then start again.


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
OK will try.

Thanks

Russell P


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Sorry, still getting nothing to export

This time though I could read the message that was on the export tab screen for a couple of seconds which was

'Export Stopped. Destination not Accessible'.

All I did was set up a folder on the PCs desktop. Can't imagine there has to be a specific location to use for the export destination?

What on earth could this be?

RP





iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505
Likes: 78
I'm not 100% sure but I suspect the core is still trying to perform the original export all that your request and is having problem.

Try rebooting the MC200 as well.


861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2.
[In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Did that last time as well as the PC. Maybe its time to try the tagging option but I cant see how that will work if the destination folder is inaccessible?


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Pan-dimensional being
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,036
Destination folder problems aside, the easiest way I exported was using the Sooloos iPad app. Of course, if you don't have an iPad then that's no help. As far as the destination folder is concerned, is the correct file path shown for the folder in Control:PC ?


.
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 90
Thanks for this.

Yes the correct destination is shown in the folder. I know this is OK as when I accidentally clicked on the 'Export all Sooloos tracks & playlists to this Repository' (see first posting above) then everything starting being copied at an alarming rate to the correct folder!

I do have an iPad 4, so am intrigued how to export using that. Please tell all!

Russell P


iPad Pro 12.9", MC200, MS200, QUAD pre amp/amp combo & ESL63's
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jon Raines), 115 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
GMT 6
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,814
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,161
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.066s Queries: 40 (0.023s) Memory: 0.8853 MB (Peak: 2.2159 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-04 13:10:57 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS