Originally Posted by Cliff.
Originally Posted by Cmr600
Even with that, Roon drops the connection to my ID41 about every 15-20 mins. It then "re finds" the ID41 after about 10 seconds and connects again automatically but has stopped playing any music.
There's obviously some hardware/software conflict here. It should be possible to track it down by looking at Windows logs but it may not be easy.

I've only been running Roon for as few months but I find it rock solid - not one drop out. I'm using RoonServer on a Core i3 PC (Win 10) with an ID41 card (with the latest firmware).

That's the point Cliff, I would have to "look at Windows logs"... it works fine with Sooloos and not fine with Roon... to solve I have to dig into the inner workings of stuff, not something I'm that bothered to do.

I want to listen to music, not dig into Windows logs...


M Customer since 1991...
2 Channel: 818v3 into 8000SE's running Roon on a Nucleus One with QNAP TVS-871-i7-16G 8 Bay NAS
Cinema: 861v8, 2 x M6's, 7200HCSE + DSW
Office: Explorer 2 into Shure SE846's
Kitchen: AD88
Other Stuff: Philips 77" 4k OLED Ambilight TV. Hue Lighting System, ATV 4K & a lot of Apple stuff...