Yetis,

MQA needs mass market acceptance of its technology for it to be successful, and that means content. Until the content starts to come through there is little point people licensing the technology. That some have is great but it will take time.

dCS dacs start at £8k here in the UK and work their way upwards, not exactly affordable for your Average Joe (or Josephine). I'd rather have ONKYO (who also sell Hires downloads) than dCS if I were faced with a choice. Motley, maybe, but I'll guess that ONKYO owners in aggregate purchase more music value-wise than dCS owners by a considerable margin.

It is not in Meridian's interest to keep the bleeding edge stuff for themselves, rather who should they devote the most time and effort (and cost) to get over the line?


Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.

Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.