I think what is important is communication (of any sort). Communication is a key factor in all good relationships, whether personal, professional or otherwise. If you say there will be an announcement, especially a major one, and forces conspire to prevent said announcement, then at least tell people there has been a delay. You don't have to be specific or give away anything you don't want to, but tell those who may have been waiting for this announcement something like: "With so many parties involved, it is taking longer than expected to bring this to market and we hope to have more information available in the not too distant future." Don't just let it drop and hope no one notices.
I have been a part of the Meridian fan club for many years now and have a good idea of how they work. But please, take some time to communicate, whether in a blog or through the Media site or via emails to registered owners, to give them some idea of how things are progressing. No details need be revealed. No risks need be taken. It is just common courtesy.
Sorry if I seem negative. I am just very excited about this new technology and after more than a year of waiting and preparation via upgrades, I am anxious to get it home.
Regards,
Wayne
Last edited by Wayne; 2015-09-10 22:25. Reason: additional comment
System 1: 861v6+ID40, UHD722, DSP640x2, DSP520C, DSP320x2, DSWx2, Sony XBR-100Z9D, Oppo UDP-203, Kaleidescape, AppleTV 4K System 2: 808.3 upgraded to 808v6, MC200, HD621, DSP8000.2 with SE Upgrade System 3: F80 Currently unused: DSP3200x4, DSP33x2, DSP33C, D1500, DSP420x2, G68ADV, G98DH, HD421
|