Originally Posted by Wayne
Originally Posted by Soundserge
From Stereophile
Quote
Bob said: The next major announcement is scheduled for the IFA show in Berlin in early September.
Soundserge (from Munich Show thread)
Anyone have any insight as to when the "next major announcement" will take place? It should be this week, shouldn't it, at the IFA in Berlin? Here's hoping for actual Meridian product delivery and content to actually listen to!

Wayne
First off, congratulations to Bob for his well deserved award. Let's hope the innovation and quality continue. I am thrilled to be a part of the "Meridian adventure."

However, IFA is now done, and as far as I have heard, no major announcement occurred. Honestly, I am p---ed off. If you introduce a product or technology, it does not make sense to have 9 months go by with nothing to give the consumer in the way of software, product or even information. I understand that the studios may be a major factor in the delay, but say SOMETHING! Explain the situation, especially when you've gone on record saying a major announcement is scheduled.

I don't mean to be negative, but this is ridiculous.

Regards to all and again, congrats to Bob.

Wayne


System 1: 861v6+ID40, UHD722, DSP640x2, DSP520C, DSP320x2, DSWx2, Sony XBR-100Z9D, Oppo UDP-203, Kaleidescape, AppleTV 4K
System 2: 808.3 upgraded to 808v6, MC200, HD621, DSP8000.2 with SE Upgrade
System 3: F80
Currently unused: DSP3200x4, DSP33x2, DSP33C, D1500, DSP420x2, G68ADV, G98DH, HD421