Hector: great question. I will list several for different reasons, but each of which planted a seed for me ...

Dvorak Symphony No 9 (from the New World) used to be played at junior school when we were filing in to assembly.
Beethoven Symphony No 7 - was the theme tune to a weekly BBC Radio 3 programme that was always on in my parents house. The tunes packed into these two kindled my love affair with classical music.

Vienna by Ultravox was the first pop album I loved - it came out in my mid-teens - & I listened to it over-and-over again, straining to hear the lyrics on my walkman and write them down. this caused me to acquire all their John Foxx-era punk albums too, opening more doors. Then a friend bought me the first Iron Maiden album ("Iron Maiden") which hooked me and caused me to explore in and around the older 'heavy' stuff which others have listed: Zeppelin, Purple, Sabbath, Floyd.

Lastly: a radio Jazz top 20. I think it was Gilles Peterson on Radio London in the 1980s. First time I heard 'My Favourite Things' by John Coltrane. Thrilling. I had to go out and buy it immediately. Another genre to drown in :-)



Regards,
(Another) Duncan
Main: DSP6k, HD621, Oppo93, PS5, HP 800 G5 Mini, Hitachi 58HK6100U
Kitchen: M80+Echo Show 8"    Office: Echo V1
Bedroom: F80+Echo DotV3     Boxed: MS200 x2, DSP5K x 4