The next major chapter in my musical journey would be when I was at college in Leeds in the mid-'80s & my then girlfriend introduced me to Springsteen's Born In The USA album & then to The River. That started me on a long love affair with Springsteen's music which is still with me today.

We went to see him in Roundhay Park on the tour that year & I've probably seen him 30 times since. While I've never liked the title track, the album is an all-time great & of course it gave us that seminal music video for Dancing In The Dark, featuring a very young Courtney Cox!

As for The River, the last 3 tracks on it are about as good as music gets, for me.


Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro.
Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs

Meridian owner since 1998