|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,977 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,977 Likes: 200 |
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901 Likes: 19
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901 Likes: 19 |
Can't really beat the cost of a house. But I'll try, although I don't own it outright, I do at least pay for its upkeep. Sorta. The power station generating and grid supplying my audio equipment with power  I'm effectively adding plus one to your infinity 
Chris Srces: Squeezebox Touch | OSMC Vero 4K+ Procs: HD621 > G61R > Minidsp DDRC-88D Spkrs: 7200.2 + 5KC + 5Ks | iNuke6K > USC15 | iNuke3K > 2 x Crowson T108SS Video: JVC HD950 & 1.9m React3 2.4:1 screen Room: 5.8x2.8m | Various GIK Panels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814 Likes: 87
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,814 Likes: 87 |
Rgds, Nick
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 8,505 Likes: 78 |
Conversation snippet: Me: That pair of 8ks we had on demo in the house, you like the sound can I buy a pair? Wife: Yes but in silver, I'm sure the cat will be ok with them ... Me: We don't have a cat ... ? Wife: We will have  ... ... ... We now have a cat his name is Buster, he's lovely and absolutely priceless ... totally ignores the Meridian kit ... Purrrrrfect  ![[Linked Image]](https://www.meridianunplugged.com/ubbthreads/gallery/16/full/1919.jpg)
861v6+ID40, HD621, 8000.2, 7200HC, 7200.2, SKYQ Silver, PS3, PDP-LX6090, QNAP TS870-Pro (8*6TB), Roon, iPadAir2. [In Reserve] C15, MD600 (2*3TB), TwinStore RM (2*2TB)
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901 Likes: 19
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 901 Likes: 19 |
Chris Srces: Squeezebox Touch | OSMC Vero 4K+ Procs: HD621 > G61R > Minidsp DDRC-88D Spkrs: 7200.2 + 5KC + 5Ks | iNuke6K > USC15 | iNuke3K > 2 x Crowson T108SS Video: JVC HD950 & 1.9m React3 2.4:1 screen Room: 5.8x2.8m | Various GIK Panels
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,977 Likes: 200
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,977 Likes: 200 |
Your speaker grills will be the perfect scratching post.
Not an Actor, nor married to Jamie-Lee Curtis.
#1: DSP5200SE|DSW.2|218|210|506.2|504 #2: Prime/PSU|SOtM sMS-200 Mini NEO SE|Focal Stellia #3: Other stuff
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958 Likes: 5
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 958 Likes: 5 |
+2 My wife questions every strange charge above $100; but she herself loves my Florida outhouse built on the other side of the garage from the house. Same in North Carolina where I got to put it over the garage which is 90 degrees to the main house, separated by an entrance area.
James NC1: 861v8, ID41, 218, 251(to outdoors), DSP8000SEUG, 7200SEC, DSP520 rears, Apple TV, DirecTV, Oppo BD103, QNAP251, Roon NC2-M7005, Triad Silver Speakers,Acurus Amps
FL1: 861v4, ID40, 218, MS200, DSP8000SEs, DSP7200SEC, DSP5000s, DirecTv, AppleTv, OppoBD103, QNAP469, Roon FL2: Marantz 7005, 251, M60s,60C,33s, Oppo BDP-93,MS200, Roon
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 191 Likes: 9
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 191 Likes: 9 |
House wins but... ...most expensive accessory for me OVER TIME (and possibly the greatest upgrade for any listening session) is undoubtedly the many assorted red and white bottles I've purchased over the years. Having recently entered my 6th decade a mate and I worked it out that we'd spent about £30k over the years. I'd say it's a bargain and if I had all the money I'd spent on these bottles, I'd spend it on drink. He was even so bold as to suggest that a good bottle of red with a clapped out Dansette record player would sound better than our Meridian systems hands down. I think he's probably right, but for those moments of doubt I'm grateful to be in the position that I can have both. 
Last edited by Sir Ron Ekim; 2015-08-05 08:56.
LOUNGE - 218 feeding white DSP7200.2 GARDEN - DSP5000
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59
Senior Shouting Officer
|
|
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,171 Likes: 59 |
I'd have to agree that the wine bill over the years would add up to a sizeable sum. Money very well spent though. Projector & screen would be the more obvious choice though.
Cinema: Meridian 271, 3 x DSP640 (behind screen), 4 x DSP320 (in-ceiling), 4 x DSP3100 (surrounds), 2 x AC12 (interface). 2 x Perlisten D12s subs, Lyngdorf MP40 processor. DT 145" 2.35 AT screen. Sony VW870 projector & S-T lens, Lumagen Radiance Pro. Lounge: Roon, NUC, Kef LS50 Wireless + 2 x REL Gibraltar-2 subs
Meridian owner since 1998
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803 Likes: 7
Paranoid android
|
|
Paranoid android
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 803 Likes: 7 |
Must try that cat trick next time I want to upgrade something. My wife loves cats.
Streaming: Roon, NUC, QNAP869 NAS 2ch system: dCS Vivaldi, Audionet Stern, Audionet Heisenberg, Magico Q1 Retro system: 101/104/105, Red Rose Spirit
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821 Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821 Likes: 94 |
![[Linked Image]](https://www.meridianunplugged.com/ubbthreads/gallery/16/medium/1925.jpg) Here is Golden Ears, my best friend. Can't wait for his opinion on MQA. His collar is RAL 2009, please note his matching 7200. In answer to OP "Vet's Bills"!!! Hector
AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD. DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG. STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini A capella to Zydeco
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 909 Likes: 2
Pan-dimensional being
|
|
Pan-dimensional being
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 909 Likes: 2 |
so cat dog wine wife's approval,what else
HT: Audiocom LX800CE, MP-60,HOLO MAY*2 Analogue speaker(LRC), DSP5200SL (side), DSP7200SE (rear),AntimodeX4,JTR Cap4000ULF*2,Christie HD8C,GIK Bass Traps.
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
241
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,201
Posts297,162
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|