Originally Posted by Crion
I don't expect any epiphanies coming from another Randi round and he certainly won't test RJ45 cables in a SpeakerLink or MMHR context. wink

All it will take is just ONE scientifically verifiably study from a reputable source showing that properly specced, designed, built and installed in a well designed audio setup network DATA cable when used as a NETWORK DATA cable carrying audio NETWORK DATA in has an impact on audio quality then I will listen. I'm not saying that you cannot change how a network data cable performs as I have abused cables in the past and caused all kinds of havoc (like running a chair over a piece of thinwire ethernet and stalling the whole network), but these do not count as they do not meet the criteria above of spec, design, build and installation, hence in this example, its a minor installation change to fix rather than an upgrade to an expensive cable.

Just ONE PIECE. Not too much to ask?

Until then, I won't listen as I know from personal experience how fallible my own hearing is even when listening to exactly the same source/environment.

As for audio data, say via MHR or PCM, I accept that and have heard it myself although never heard a difference since using kit after my 568 so sold all my high quality cables that I was using for digital audio and replaced it with well built off shelf cables. But even though I have never heard a difference, i have been given a scientific explanation why some cables might sound different and happy to accept that there can be differences between some cables but also believe that a its the design and build quality that differentiates these cables and this does not need to cost the earth nor rely on marketing mumbo jumbo to justify.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).