Originally Posted by Asa Post
Originally Posted by Ian
Following on from Ronnies post linking the the cable teardown, Im looking forward to the results from this. Maybe for the first time I will read something scientifically verifiable to prove that AQ/data could be affected by (other than poorly designed, badly constructed, out of specification, maliciously treated, poorly deployed or simply faulty) network data cables, something that the last 30+ years experience in computer networking have failed to reveal. Or maybe not...

I've heard some huge differences in AQ and the only thing that has changed between the listening experiences was time of day, posture or wellbeing, oh, and the odd glass of alcohol.
I note your scepticism. But please note that my post concerned cables used as SpeakerLink. And I did not find any benefits from using Audioquest Vodka. And, unlike you, I certainly did not resort to vodka or any other alcohol. So, why not borrow some cables and decide for yourself rather than merely read other people's findings?
My post was not directed at you - there are many posts here otherwise. Note my references to network data cables and computer networking. Not a single reference to SpeakerLink in my post, which I have always said can sound different as there are scientific reasons why they can. as for only reading other peoples findings, I have had enough listening experiences to know what sounds different and what does not without needing someone to tell me that it sounds better because of its price or special construction. My ears may not be the best in the world, but I can sure tell the difference between listening to music at 5am and 5pm. Whilst that revelation didn't cost a penny, the realisation was priceless.


Meridian owner since 1992
Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).