|
|
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21
Roon Labs Founder & CTO Harmless
|
|
Roon Labs Founder & CTO Harmless
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21 |
Sometimes, the Prime Headphone Amp (connected to Mac OSX via USB) cuts out randomly. All sound stops. Unplugging and replugging works fine.
Any ideas for fix? Is there a firmware update for this guy?
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1
Vogon Civil Servant
|
|
Vogon Civil Servant
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,013 Likes: 1 |
Danny,
I've never had a cutout like that. I do find that I need to unplug the USB connection and replug it in when I restart the iMac to get the Mac to acknowledge the Prime is switched on and connected. I have the Prime Power Supply.
Sooloos, Roon, G series (with LPS upgrade), 800 series (with LPS upgrade), HD621, AC200, Prime and PS, DSPs old and new.
Purdeys, Moke, Leica, 'Blad. Only the best.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
I see this maybe once a week. TBH, I assumed it was a problem with OSX.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21
Roon Labs Founder & CTO Harmless
|
|
Roon Labs Founder & CTO Harmless
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21 |
I can't imagine it was an OSX issue with USB DACs. I ran the Meridian Explorer and AudioQuest DragonFly for months without issue.
I'm switching to a Bel Canto DAC later this week. Hopefully it won't have the same issue.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 276 Likes: 4
Hitchhiker
|
|
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2014
Posts: 276 Likes: 4 |
I'd have a word with support!
Never had an issue with my E2 and they are largely based on the same tech.
T
Lounge: DSP33's, MS200, QNAP (Storage and Core), G68D, HD421 Family Room: DSP5000 Kitchen: F80 Portable: Explorer2
|
|
|
|
0 members (),
527
guests, and
2
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,204
Posts297,194
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|