logo

Google Search  |  Meridian Systems  |  Meridian Streaming  |  Restaurant  |  WiKi  |  Duncan's Meridian Info  |  Board Rules  |  Restaurant Rules
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me if there is a particular HDMI cable that works with this player?

All the ones I have tried so far have given me a fuzzy picture. Kind of like when an old tv aerial lost its signal (see video).

I'm not sure if it's an issue with the cable or HDMI port and would like to narrow it down. Everything else is working perfectly and the picture quality on component is great but I currently have this up for sale and it would make it easier to sell if I could sort out the HDMI issue.

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Any advice would be appreciated.


DSP5200
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: May 2005
Posts: 346
What length is the cable? Does changing resolution help? Is it on all video sources?

Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Likes: 20
Paranoid android
Paranoid android
Joined: Aug 2006
Posts: 758
Likes: 20
It might be worth a check that the G91 is running later FW as the earliest FW was reported to have poor idea quality. I've not tried to do anything unusual (such as long cables) but I haven't found the G98 or G91 cable sensitive when I've used the HDMI output.

Regards

Richard


Main system; 861v8 ID41, DSP8000SEU fronts with DSP5500 centre and DSP7000 rears (all in lovely silver) 504, HD621
Second system 861v4 ID40 LPS, G98DH, 504, HD621, 2x DSP5200 with DSP5200 centre
MD600 tucked away in study. Lots of other Meridian!
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by DonRon
What length is the cable? Does changing resolution help? Is it on all video sources?
The cable lengths I have tried are 1.5, 2 and 1 meter. Changing resolution doesn't help at all.

I have been in and out of all the different video settings and it's the same problem each time. The only video source I am using is the HDMI output to the TV. All the other outputs are working perfectly and I am not using any of the video inputs.

Thanks for the help.


DSP5200
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Richard W
It might be worth a check that the G91 is running later FW as the earliest FW was reported to have poor idea quality. I've not tried to do anything unusual (such as long cables) but I haven't found the G98 or G91 cable sensitive when I've used the HDMI output.
I have just recently updated it to the latest 2.47 firmware and it still has the same issue. If this isn't cable sensitive then I think it must be the port itself.

Thanks for the help.


DSP5200
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 143
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Joined: Oct 2005
Posts: 143
Hi,

I've used numerous HDMI cables with my G91 and never had any issue with video quality. From that I'm surmising that the G91 is not cable sensitive. I could check the video/scaler settings I have on mine if you think that would help you compare settings.

I do use mine through a 421 switch into projector now but previously have used it direct into the TV and then direct into the projector.

The video possibly looks like it's not synced. Do you have/have you tried another HDMI source into the TV ? Is that OK ? Can you try the G91 HDMI into another display ?

Paul

Last edited by Curly; 2015-07-13 21:28.

Current Mismash of components :
1) TV System Living Room
2) Media Streaming Kitchen
3) Cinema System
4) Media Streaming Room 2
5) Other stuff in the post...
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 127
Likes: 1
Hitchhiker
Hitchhiker
Offline
Joined: Feb 2012
Posts: 127
Likes: 1
Just a long shot but could it be a region issue?


#1 808v6, MC200, DSP-5200SE, TT
#2 AC200, MC200, DSP-5000
#3 M-80
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733
Likes: 88
Hmm. IIRC, HDMI (hardware) failure has been seen on this board before. Hope it's just a simple cable issue though.


Roon Developer and ex-moderator of this Forum
I am #25 in the HH1 photo of fame.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
Senior Shouting Officer
Senior Shouting Officer
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 2,492
I believe like the G98, the HDMI socket connections can be rather fragile. I agree it would be wise to try a different display device but if that doesn't work, it could be a back to base job.


Main system - Sources (Kodi-HTPC, Vero 4k, FireTV, Sat) into Trinnov Altitude 32 (8-16) (+Roon), Trinnov Amplitude 8 amp & Vivid Audio (Giya G3, V1.5) and REL Stentor III speakers. Others: F80 + Raspberry Pi and other Pi systems.
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Curly
Hi,

I've used numerous HDMI cables with my G91 and never had any issue with video quality. From that I'm surmising that the G91 is not cable sensitive. I could check the video/scaler settings I have on mine if you think that would help you compare settings.

I do use mine through a 421 switch into projector now but previously have used it direct into the TV and then direct into the projector.

The video possibly looks like it's not synced. Do you have/have you tried another HDMI source into the TV? Is that OK ? Can you try the G91 HDMI into another display?
If you could tell me your video scaler settings that would be great. Thanks. I have tried it on 2 tv's and a projector with a HDMI over cat6 extender. Still the exact same on all sources.


DSP5200
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by Michael Poulos
Just a long shot but could it be a region issue?
If you mean DVD region then I doubt it. It plays a lot of different regions.


DSP5200
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Harmless
Harmless
Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 30
Originally Posted by VirusKiller
Hmm. IIRC, HDMI (hardware) failure has been seen on this board before. Hope it's just a simple cable issue though.
Thats what I am hoping too although its looking less likely now.


DSP5200
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carl, Duncs, ncpl 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 538 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Kiran1103, Tony999, PhilP, Grover, Humberto
5,503 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Gemeni 7
Top Posters
VirusKiller 12,733
ncpl 8,816
Carl 8,505
Fiddler 8,364
Ian 7,950
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics31,203
Posts297,191
Members5,503
Most Online4,788
May 22nd, 2026
Meridian  |  Media Centre  |  Support  |  Firmware Release Notes  |  RSS Systems  |  RSS Streaming  |  RSS Restaurant

Website Provided by Mr Tech Guy - Resolute Audio Visual Limited © 2026

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1
(Release build 20251126)
Responsive Width:

PHP: 8.5.11 Page Time: 0.061s Queries: 40 (0.027s) Memory: 0.8846 MB (Peak: 2.2170 MB) Data Comp: Off Server Time: 2026-10-10 14:00:18 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS