I thought the MQA rep conducted himself quite well. He was on a panel to discuss the state of high quality music, not to make a sales pitch. The major question was how to create a demand for higher quality music. Without a good answer to that, the market will still be small and Sony's high quality music initiative will be just as popular as their SACDs.
Hi Rolski Agreed, the opportunity to maximise the MQA message was not taken. Perhaps this was, so not to offend other panel members, such as HD Tracks etc., and end up in a fight.
Hector
AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD. DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG. STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini A capella to Zydeco
Well, I just cancelled Tidal and completed the exit survey explaining that I was done until they implemented MQA. As far as I am concerned, if they do not implement it, they have nothing on Apple Music. And I would guess that eventually Sooloos will support Apple music...
Last edited by Carl; 2015-07-0320:20. Reason: Sooloos
You mean that when they started supporting AAC and ALAC back in 2011, that Meridian knew Apple were going to set up their own Streaming Music Service four years later... and wanted to be part of that??