Roon setup (temporary): 2009 Macbook Pro with a 1TB Hibred Drive and 4Gigs of RAM, Peachtree Audio T1 USB to SPDIF. FLAC files are kept on the QNAP TS-451 NAS. I use Rosewill (Newegg) Cat-7 Ethernet Cable on all connections.
Following my previous post (made in the not-too-distant past), we are please to confirm that a new release of Sooloos software (v2.467) went live yesterday. This version includes a maintenance fix for the CD import problem introduced with last week’s release of v2.465.
Users will have started to receive notification of this software update from 16:30 UK time. Please note, to avoid problems due to excess server traffic, not all systems will be updated simultaneously.
Given my rant, only fair to record my thanks for the fix on this.
It still strikes me as the kind of thing that could probably have been avoided, but accepting that mistakes do occur, the most important thing is how quickly they get sorted and this was pretty quick.
Also, want to say how helpful it is that Meridian HQ has in recent months started making the effort to use the forum to communicate directly with end users - long may it continue.
Hector: if you did crack the port, hope you enjoyed it! Dow 70 is a splendid wine. Mine ran out a few years ago, sadly.
C10, Source One (broken), 1x TwinStore (2x4TB), various DACs, Musical Fidelity A5 pre/power amps into B&W speakers. F80 in bright shiny red.
I applied the update which seemed to go ok. The few CD's that I tried to import ripped slower than I imagined and then the Control:15 stopped and just hung, no response.
I had the shut it down and it then lost it's boot up and it also won't load the music files from the MD600. Another fix in the waiting!
Henry
861v8, HD621, MD600, MC200, Control:15, MS200, Synology NAS
Henry - only one Core is allowed per Sooloos configuration. Make sure the MD600 is core and not the C15 and then reboot.
The Control is really a Windows XP embedded PC - sounds like if it doesn't boot the upgrade didn't complete or perhaps the kernel was corrupted. Hopefully that didn't happen and a power cycle fixes it.
I tried to power cycle the system, kept the MC200 off, the MD600 has returned and the music files are back, but the Control:15 still just sits there in a loading mode please wait.
I will keep you posted.
Thanks Henry
861v8, HD621, MD600, MC200, Control:15, MS200, Synology NAS