Sorry, and I may be wrong here, but you are comparing apples to oranges. As I understand it there was a requirement for DVD Audio and Meridian were the chosen company to facilitate that. If there was no Meridian it still would have happened in one way or another.

Nobody had a requirement for MQA and hence the problem is fundamentally different.

The former didn't get adopted so much as a need fulfilled. The latter has no requirement so people need convincing that they need it.

I doubt that people were running around lamenting the lack of MQA and wondering if only somebody offered such a thing. Whereas with DVD Audio people were saying we want HD audio but how can we do it or at least that is how it seems to me.

Cheers,

Tony.


Sources: MS600, Fidelity Audio Reference Oppo UHD-203, Roon/QNAP, AppleTV 4K
Processors: Arcam AV40, 271 x2, Lumagen 5348 with Keces P8
Speakers: DSP7200SE FL/FR, DSP5200SE VC, DSP3200 x11, DSP320.2 VOG, DSW x4
Display: JVC DLA-N7 with PK-EM2, Panamorph Phoenix Pro, 128" 2.37 Curved Silver Ticket AT Screen