Originally Posted by GoldenEars
Is it just me who's feeling pretty irate about this?

This 'update' has rendered a key part of my pretty high-end equipment effectively useless. How much testing actually happens before some programming genius decides to foist this nonsense on us? This is roughly equivalent to a luxury car manufacturer releasing an 'update' to one of their cars which means the fuel cap can no longer be opened...

And as for the tone of the response:
Originally Posted by Meridian HQ
We're fairly confident that we'll have something to release in the not-too-distant future"
(my italics)

Seriously??? Umm, this is the kind of thing they teach at business school as an object lesson in how to destroy your brand.

I found this too, okay it's not great but "irate" seems too strong for me.

It's a bit of a first world problem really.

M were compelled to release an update to fix Tidal (a more serious issue foisted on them from externally) on a tighter timescale than I guess they normally would have done.

Give them a bit and I'm sure they'll have it fixed.

As others have said dBpoweramp is always an alternative if you have it.
fwiw I have had numerous problems with software in Audis and Mercs, HP had to do a worldwide recall (!) of barcode scanners due to a firmware flaw I found, so M are far from alone with gremlins in a modern complex software world.

I recommend a glass of port and relax enjoy some music in the meantime smile


G61R, 5K5's (fronts & centre), 5K's (sides & rears), D2500, JVC DLA-X70, QNAP, Roon(Pi)