... To expect MQA or Dolby Atmos for Music [my invention] be included is unrealistic... at least until Meridian and Dolby announce that their Licensing will be free to manufacturers
Actually I would hope in addition to DSD already included that MQA is included for Meridian's sake. There is a real concern that MQA adoption will be severely limited if chargeable to the end user as the take up will be negligible in the wider market. MQA costs will need to be embedded in the overall cost structure of the music industry if it is to succeed. Audiophiles probably count for <0.01% of music users, which is part of the problem of course.
As an example I looked at the Muse website recently for the HD release of their new album Drones. CD on the High Street £8.99, digital download 44.1k/16bit £9.99, HD audio 24/96 £16.99. Justify that if you can - I can't get past total bl**dy ripoff myself. Guess what - I own the CD, and had to rip it ... so passé. (yes I know I can play it on Roon but also want it for portable players.)
The real pity is the "masses" are being denied decent quality audio (and most are none the wiser) whilst the industry totally unjustifiably screws those who are interested in SQ.
MQA is an opportunity to spread higher quality music to all for negligible oncost, the sheer volume of music out there could make M a handsome return. Will it happen?