I think for me I will continue to buy CD's as well as hirez audio. If you think about it... it's like leasing a car.. in the end you have nothing because you have to turn it in. At least when I buy the music I have it and it's mine to keep forever. When streaming, the moment you stop paying its gone.
I absolutely get where you are coming from and while I understand the argument, the angle I come at it from is that I'm streaming right now even while I do buy here and there. There is content I'd likely never buy but would stream and streaming gives me great access to new stuff to try out and either favorite or never listen to again. I listen to a wider variety becuse of streaming vs. buying only. So, since I am streaming, if the quality level is good enough and all the content I'd want to listen to is available, I won't buy unless I had to. If streaming goes away - or if some content disappears from streaming services - I can always choose to buy at that point.