My 36Mbs fibre connection costs less than Roon subscription.
Sorry Ian
Can you share who or where you're getting your 36Mbs connection for less than £6.50 a month please??
I know many would be interested in pursuing that!!
I pay £5/m for (up to 40Mbs) fttc connetion on top of the mandatory phone (~£16/m) line rental+w/e calls which I would have to pay irrespective of having any data connection.
The deal is £5/m for first 12 months of 18m contract, then £20/m but I also negotiated a credit to my account to cover part of the additional extra cost for 6m which taking that into consideration would bring final 6m at ~£12/m.
The other option that I had was free copper broadband (~4.5Mbs) on a 12m contract.
At end of 17m, I simply renegotiate.
The deal I had with same company on previous 12m was copper broadband £10/m and free line rental+w/e calls.
I think they want me to subscribe to their TV services which I think I would have got me a better deal, but I'm happy not to be tied to one provider so can shop around for best deal and walk away if I don't get a deal I am happy with. But similar deals elsewhere, but you seem to do slightly better deal with retentions.
Some might argue that phone line rental should be added to the data cost, but phone line would be a cost irrespective of any data option that I took and I have no alternative not to pay if I want reliable communication with outside world. Roll on 4G at my closest mast then, demand permitting, I would have up to 55Mbs unlimited data at my disposal for £15/m just like I do a few miles up the road in outside lane of M3.