Richard,
I certainly did not mean to suggest a cavalier attitude about money. And you are right, the cable comparison is probably beside the point, funny as it is.
But I stand by my observation about relative value. It is about the music, and when I got my Sooloos gear I rediscovered value in the music collection I had built up over 40 years. I considered it a bargain, even at a cost of thousands. Now Roon, the evolution of Sooloos, helped me rediscover my collection within a larger universe of information, and because of its metadata focused integration with Roon Tidal opens up the walls of that integration in a way that Sooloos+Rhapsody never did. And at a cost less than the sales tax of Sooloos.
In the last few weeks, my backlog of music to investigate has grown more than it did in the previous ten years.
Music room: 818v3, DSP8000SE, Roon/Intel NUC, microRendu/LPS-1 into Geek Pulse Xfi into Audeze LCD-3 HT: G61R, HD621, MS600, Oppo, Avantgarde Solo Library: MS600, Bel Canto, Mark & Daniel Other: SonicOrbiter, GeekOut, Audeze EL-8
|