It fascinates me that people are upset about $500 for Roon. Elsewhere on this forum people discuss the advantages of premium cabling, where Audioquest Vodka is a bargain model, at $528 for 10 feet.
And people complain about Tidal, who provides the content we enjoy, at $20 per month, while a high speed internet connection costs most of us $50 or more.
Full disclosure, I have no interest in Roon but I do have an interest in software, having worked in that industry for 40 years. I think the real value is in the software, and in the content.
Without content the Internet is a pipe. Without intelligent software, you can get a dumb data streamer for a few thousand.
Music room: 818v3, DSP8000SE, Roon/Intel NUC, microRendu/LPS-1 into Geek Pulse Xfi into Audeze LCD-3 HT: G61R, HD621, MS600, Oppo, Avantgarde Solo Library: MS600, Bel Canto, Mark & Daniel Other: SonicOrbiter, GeekOut, Audeze EL-8
|