|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70 |
I like the thread! Looking at the playlists you've posted already makes the switch from another streaming service more appealing...
Matt
Roon on NUC Main: MS600 --> 5k 96/24. Bedroom: SBT --> DSP33 with ROON API volume control
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70 |
I'm impressed with the playlists available on Tidal and I think the Qobuz vs Tidal debate is solved for me.
After listening whilst decorating today I wish I could remember which playlists I have been through...
Roon on NUC Main: MS600 --> 5k 96/24. Bedroom: SBT --> DSP33 with ROON API volume control
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70 |
Beyond Bluegrass: A New Western Frontier Outside of my normal listening range but a well curated selection of well recorded music.
Roon on NUC Main: MS600 --> 5k 96/24. Bedroom: SBT --> DSP33 with ROON API volume control
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88
Don't Panic!
|
|
Don't Panic!
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 12,733 Likes: 88 |
TIDAL Tuesday: February 17, 2015Great music, mainly from artists that I'd never heard of.
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821 Likes: 94
Great Green Arkleseizure
|
|
Great Green Arkleseizure
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 2,821 Likes: 94 |
OK Hectorson and VK
Great stuff. Looks like the days of the "old hunter gatherer" are nearly over.
Maybe it is time to move on with purchase of Explorer 2 and Tidal subscription.
Local charity shops will suffer. Do Tidal sell XXL shirts?
Hector
AV: Thorens TD160B, SME, ShureV15MK2, 500, 598, 861v4, DSP7200.1, DSP3300HC Samsung UE55, SkyHD. DINING: MS600, AC200, DSP5200SEUG. STUDY 504, Roon Nucleus + RevB, 808v6, 5200SE, Mac & PC (Touch Screen), Prime+PS Grado GS1000i HORIZONTAL: M80, MS200, Red Rose Spirit + Sonus Faber Toys, iPad Mini A capella to Zydeco
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 15
Harmless
|
|
Harmless
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 15 |
Tidal-ers, Chris from "Computer Audiophile" has composed a Tidal playlist: (a) playlist of music that I use for evaluating components at home and at audio shows. and has made it available to readers of the Computer Audiophile site. The article and link can be found here. For those as less self-aware to the obvious as I ... 1. Navigate to the "The Computer Audiophile 100 Playlist" article in the link provided. Chris Connaker is the author. 2. Use the embedded link in the article "Link to The Computer Audiophile 100" to navigate to Tidal - it resolves the Tidal website, not the native application. 3. Log in. 4. Mark the playlist a Favorite <sic> Action: Highlight the Star in the playlist banner. The playlist will then be available in Sooloos / Tidal as ... TIDAL > My Library > My Favourites <sic> > Playlists > Computer Audiophile 100. Happy listening. Regards, Dave
Last edited by Carl; 2015-03-27 20:46. Reason: Merged into this topic
Main: 861v4+ID40+LPS, DSP7000, DSP5500HC, DSP3100, AC11, HD621 Sooloos: C15, MC200 500GB, QNAP TS-870 PRO NAS
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70 |
Thanks for sharing, first few tracks very pleasing!
Matt
Roon on NUC Main: MS600 --> 5k 96/24. Bedroom: SBT --> DSP33 with ROON API volume control
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70 |
This one does what it says on the tin. I'm about two thirds through. Something about the banjo that makes me smile! Dueling Banjos!! As an aside I was disappointed that Tidal persist with their boxing promotions. I haven't been subject to it since I am now using Roon to stream and haven't been on the web browser for a while. Had to go on to grab the playlist link 
Last edited by Hectorson; 2015-05-28 19:54. Reason: Fighting Talk
Roon on NUC Main: MS600 --> 5k 96/24. Bedroom: SBT --> DSP33 with ROON API volume control
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
|
|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,569 Likes: 13 |
If you like duelling Banjo's, you MUST watch this Dogs play banjo It's a must see Chris 
No 18 in the Hall of fame  I have simple tastes; I am content to settle for the best: GIK monster bass panels, rear wall. QNAP TVS 471i3. Roon into DSP5200SE via 210/ 218 zone... Explorer 2. Bluesound Pulse 2, Mini & Flex. 596v1, 518, Foxsat HD, Sony BDP, Pioneer 5090, 2 Chromecast's for LRB videos. MS200 to F80 for a Roon zone
|
|
|
|
|
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70
Mostly harmless
|
|
Mostly harmless
Joined: Jul 2014
Posts: 70 |
Cheers Chris! I knew my life was missing something!
Roon on NUC Main: MS600 --> 5k 96/24. Bedroom: SBT --> DSP33 with ROON API volume control
|
|
|
|
1 members (Jocke),
265
guests, and
4
robots. |
|
Key:
Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod
|
|
|
Forums18
Topics31,202
Posts297,181
Members5,503
| |
Most Online4,788 May 22nd, 2026
|
|
|
|