Originally Posted by Ronnie
So, we've established that a Sooloos User needs a non-Meridian device for

* Backup & Restore [essential process, regularly required]
* Ripping and File Import [again an essential and frequently required process]
* iPad for UI and Music selection etc
* PC to get support to sort out problems
Sooloos is about as close to turnkey as one could want.
- I don't back up anything. Never have in 30 + years and never will.
- I use Control:Mac to import CD's and files. Since just about anyone who is going to purchase something from Meridian will own some kind of computer that is not an issue.
-iPads are about as ubiquitous as mobile phones. It isn't like I had to go purchase one to run control Sooloos
- I haven't had a PC in the house in years. The only time I could have used one is when I need to turn off the MC200's Core to allow output from Roon to my 808 endpoint. Since I don't have one, I gave up on Roon.


Jim
Wilson Alexandrea X2 Series 2
D'Agostino Momentum M-400 Amps & Pre Amp
dCS Vivaldi DAC, Upsampler & Clock
SME 20/3 & Esoteric E-03
Transparent OPUS SC & Interconnects