Originally Posted by 3dit0r
Lol.Well, no, but there is a history of hardware upgrades being paid, but as far as I'm aware Sooloos updates haven't been in the past?
I am not aware of any substantive updates to the software in the past (except for the iPad app and allowing use of QNAP) which greatly improved its interactivity features. I felt that allowing QNAP to be a store foreshadowed offloading components which did not fundamentally affect sound quality. I feel sure that whatever they release will not hurt sound quality.

Stepping back from being a Meridian partisan, I can't see how they could ever keep pace with hardware advances on the software front captive inside Meridian. The cold hard reality is, to keep such a product current, it has to have broad distribution. That M will support it's use on their end points is reasonable.

If I were they, I would view supporting legacy equipment with enhanced capabilities at any special effort to be a "Tar Baby" to be avoided at all costs.

Last edited by Mtns; 2015-05-20 16:43.

James
NC1: 861v8, ID41, 218, 251(to outdoors), DSP8000SEUG, 7200SEC, DSP520 rears, Apple TV, DirecTV, Oppo BD103, QNAP251, Roon
NC2-M7005, Triad Silver Speakers,Acurus Amps

FL1: 861v4, ID40, 218, MS200, DSP8000SEs, DSP7200SEC, DSP5000s, DirecTv, AppleTv, OppoBD103, QNAP469, Roon
FL2: Marantz 7005, 251, M60s,60C,33s, Oppo BDP-93,MS200, Roon