|
President of the Imperial Galactic Government
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,950 Likes: 19 |
I think a very large part of the market for Meridian are owners who want a turnkey system with an M badge on it and are prepared to pay a premium for the privilege. I believe someone once told me that the C15 was one of their best sellers.
This is obviously quite different to the market prepared to do the research and go out an buy their own kit, install different pieces of software on it, and keep it running over the years.
In the 3-4 years that I have owned Sooloos, I think the number of times that I have had to maintain the kit I could count on one hand. And all of those were my choice.
Compare that to the number of software and anti malware updates needed to keep a regular computer system on the go, you can see why many people just want to turn the thing on and play the music. And for that, they have already paid their premium for.
I don't think the throw away society have the same expectations as those that value what they have worked hard to aspire to own.
Meridian owner since 1992 Prime & PSU, Focal Elear headphones, Roon (ROCK 8Gi5 NUC), Explorer 1 & 2, F80. 200/203, various Sonos (via Roon).
|