None of us will ever be privy to the commercial parting of the ways between Meridian and Roon
Given that there are intelligent people on both sides, one can only imagine that both parties arrived at a mutually acceptable agreement, which suited both Teams' business goals moving forward
I'll repost something I said about 2 weeks ago that you likely missed......you mention a "large payment" for Roon.......while the ~£325 [or ~£77 p.a.] is nothing to sniff at, it must be remembered that we all paid a lot more than that for the Sooloos UI part of the Sooloos range... it was never a separate cost that we could identify........but I think we all know it was inherently higher than any of the prices quoted above
For example, only 2 weeks ago if you wanted a fully functional UI capable of Editing... or checking Album Picks... or many other functions, then your only choice was the £4,750 Control 15... suffice it to say that there is a significant "contribution" towards software in there